Generally, electric stove breakages can be classified into several types, which can be easily explained by the common roots of the problems. One of the most common reasons for various breakages is that people don’t read the manuals and exploit the appliance incorrectly and also other technical reasons. But of course, apart from people who don’t read the manuals, there are a lot of other issues. There are several reasons for electric stove burner breakages which lead to their repair:
- Breaking of the internal contacts. The reason may be the melting of the wires or the weak fixation in the wall. There is no contact of the supply wire with the lighting system – check the button responsible for the backlight turning on. If it breaks, you need to replace it. A light bulb can probably burn out – it is protected from high temperatures, but it is so arranged that it can often burn out from the slightest voltage drop.
- Terminal block issues. There may be malfunctions inside the equipment. It is necessary to check if the wiring is tested for charred and black areas.
- Electric stove burner spiral burned out. In case of a panel breakage, check the power switch and its contacts.
- Heat protection activated. Sometimes the reason why your electric stove will constantly turn off is the built-in heat protection.
Tips to repair electric stove burner
To say from the start, a key to solving each issue is a proper diagnostic. It concerns not only stove repair but any other home amenity, from fridge to dishwasher. So, what are the right subsequence of actions in this case:
- Voltage checks out. First of all, you should check the presence of voltage in the network – perhaps the power supply has been turned off throughout the house. If everything is in order, then check the automatic protection on your electrical panel, carefully inspect the terminals and look for a burning place, then disassemble the outlet for a similar inspection.
- Input check out. There are options when everything is working fine, but there is no current at the input terminals – the reason is the cord plug. The wire may break, or the contact of its fastening has become loose, because of this the stove does not turn on. And now let’s see common types of breakages and their solution:
Electric stove burner won’t heat up
There are two reasons for this. The first is that the bottom of the cookware is smaller than the diameter of the induction stove or is deformed. The second reason is that the burner block does not fit snugly on the inside of the electric stove.
When the oven of the electric stove heats up weakly, the main reason lies in the serviceability of the heating element. These heating elements of the stove burners, cannot be repaired – they need to be replaced. Sometimes, which happens very rarely, the thermostat regulating the temperature inside the device can burn out – it is dismantled and a new one is installed.
Breaking of the internal contacts
If the indicators are off, the control buttons and switches do not respond, then the entire stove does not work, not just a single burner. But a specific burner may also have problems with electricity, for example, due to a violation of its wiring.
Terminal block issues
In order to accurately establish the cause, and even more so, to correct it, you need an experienced specialist with the necessary equipment and the electrical circuit of the stove.
Electric stove burner spiral burned out
One of the most common causes of a non-working burner is a burnt out heating element: a spiral or nichrome thread. A burner with a burned out coil will have to be replaced. By the way, in modern stoves, one burnt burner can block the turning on of the entire electric stove.
Heat protection activated
One burner or the entire electric stove may spontaneously turn off due to overheating: thermal protection is activated and the power circuit is broken. But there are many reasons for it to occur: a sensor or temperature controller breakage, a cooling fan has broken.
Call the professional repairman
Atlas Appliances Repair is a local home amenities repair service. Our decent reputation results from hard work and high-quality services, which guarantee that your broken appliances will get the most qualified repair possible. Our specialists are skilled in working with various home amenities of the most popular brands. That’s why you can be sure that we will successfully repair your electric stove.
Contact us (512) 859-5444. We are available from Monday through Thursday, from 8 am to 5 pm, and till 4 pm on Friday!
Usually, electric stoves use between 3,000 and 5,000 Watts. But most electric stoves use approximately 3,000 4,000 Watts, which is regarded as a medium result.
If you are not professional then we would recommend you do anything with your electric stove yourself.
Generally, all of the brands produce their electric stoves with a standard size of each burner from 6 to 8 inches.
Electric stoves have a bit of a different way of working, compared to gas ones. They produce a steady and slow heat, which does not go out as abruptly as gas.
Commonly, there’s no big difference between gas and electric stove repair. Yet, keeping an electric stove is regarded as cheaper by 30-40%.
If the coil often overheats or wears out, the spiral will need to be replaced. In addition to the body and the spiral, there is a limiter (or a thermostat), and if this part fails, the temperature is not controlled and the burner overheats. And consequently the spiral burns out and the help of the master is needed.